Thanks to constant developments in the cosmetic care industry, the facelift is no longer the only solution to facial skin sagging – welcome NovaThreads, or the thread lift.
An increasingly popular procedure, NovaThreading provides a non-invasive solution to loose, sagging skin as a result of the aging process.
A hallmark sign of getting older, loose skin in the lower face results in jowls, undefined facial features, and a sunken appearance – all commonly undesirable physical features.
Traditionally, you would have needed to get this loose skin removed surgically. Although effective, a facelift is an invasive operation that requires significant recovery. However, a thread lift requires minimal downtime and changes to your schedule.
What Is NovaThreading?
NovaThreading involves a doctor inserting micro-stitches with tiny hooks on them into the skin, which pull the skin tighter and higher.
Advances in suturing technology and materials have made this progressive procedure possible. The stitches effectively anchor and pull up sagging skin in the lower third of the face, which isn’t possible with other products such as injectables.
The chief concern with healing from the procedure is bruising – standard for any damage to the skin – and, as such, pre- and post-NovaThread care revolves around minimizing bruising and maximizing comfort while healing.
Pre-treatment care is simple:
- Avoid anti-inflammatories for a week before your procedure (to minimize bruising).
- Get plenty of rest.
- Drink plenty of water and eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Consider taking an over-the-counter Arnica supplement three days before your procedure – it can reduce bruising and decrease healing time.
These steps will prepare your body to heal as fast as possible after the treatment.
Patients should expect some swelling, bruising, and redness for two to four days following the treatment, which will disappear quickly. Other post-treatment care includes:
- Avoid strenuous exercise and alcohol for 24 hours following the treatment.
- Avoid touching or massaging the areas with the implanted sutures, unless Dr. Kato instructs you to.
- Do not get a facial or massage on treated areas for two weeks following the procedure.
- Bromelain supplements, pineapple juice, and Arnica gels or supplements are ideal choices to reduce bruising.
- Avoid dental procedures for three to four weeks afterward if the treatment area was around your mouth.
NovaThreads in Palm Springs With Dr. Maya Kato
NovaThreads are an ideal choice for those concerned about loose facial skin, but who don’t want an invasive surgery like a facelift.
By following this pre- and post-care advice, patients can minimize their downtime with NovaThreads, while maximizing their results and satisfaction from the procedure.